The warm days of summer are here and it’s time to get your cooling system in tip top shape!
Your heating and cooling system needs regular tune ups, just like your car, water heater, or other important appliances. Maybe you have a heat pump that provides your home efficiently with both heating and cooling or an air conditioning unit only, tune ups will help keep your system running successfully and will help you avoid avoidable interruptions in service or unwanted repairs. Many times, issues that occur with your cooling system could have been avoided with a simple maintenance check. But, on top of that, there are other reasons why an air conditioner tune up is important:
- Tune-ups will keep your system running efficiently, which can help lower your energy bill every month
- Regular tune ups will help your unit last longer
- You’ll notice an improvement in the indoor air quality, which can help reduce allergy symptoms or asthma flare ups
- You’ll help save the environment, as tune ups can help save energy
- Tune-ups spot potential problem areas before they happen, which will save you time, anxiety, and money in the long run
Our well-trained service technicians can identify problems on your system fast. In fact, many times cooling systems can leak poisonous chemicals or air (such as carbon monoxide) into your home, so it’s important to be sure that everything is in good working order. We’re glad to come and look at your system! We’ll test unit to be sure it is operating at its best and if needed, will make any adjustments or suggestions. By scheduling regular checkups, you can help prevent future problems or unwanted costs.
In the meantime, remember that you can easily overuse your system. You may not always need to run your cooling unit. There are some easy ways to keep your home cool without relying on your system.
- Close or crack your shades to keep direct sunlight out
Use ceiling or window fans to help circulate the air
- Open windows or doors in your home early in the morning before it gets too warm to cool the inside of the home, then close it up to keep cool air in
- Install an attic fan to help decrease hot air trapped in the attic area
- Install an awning on the outside of the home to provide sufficient shade
Stay on top of things and have your cooling system ready to go just in time for the heat of summer! Call us at 503-357-5663 to set up a convenient appointment. We love helping our customers with affordable solutions to keep your system in great working condition.
Hybrid Heating and Air Conditioning: Quality service & installation is our only business.